Saturday, November 18, 2006

Beware Two Floppy Queens

Deluxe Poker time again, got off to a good start winning a big hand within the first 10 minutes, and another decent hand shortly after, and then settled in for a long period of gradual decline. I Was getting decent cards but failing to get anything on the flop. When I finally caught a hand this is what happened:


Before the river Matt went all in, he was already well into the whiskey by this point, and I thought this was an inebriated attempt to push me off the pot, but sadly not. He went on to win the next 3 hands all of which were equally huge.
That cleaned me out, and so I bought in, making the foolish mistake of buying in for £10 only. Doh! Twenty minutes later the roles were reversed:


Andy C. was counting out a £20 bet, but I only had about £7 left by then so that was all I could bet against him. I could have been back in profit if I'd had more. So next time "I must not buy in for £10", that really is pointless. If you get a hand you need to have the cash to back it up and most games revolve around a couple of crucial hands, when other people have also got good cards, and if you can't maximise your winnings in those situations you can never expect to win.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Chantal said...

Oh Dad, still struggling with that gambling problem I see...

11:44 AM  
Blogger ADT said...

It's not a problem, I'm still ahead over-all, just need to be more consistent.

1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home